My name’s Ian. I’m from Wellington, New Zealand. I work with motion graphics and video for my little company Ketchup, in Sydney, Australia.
Here’s an about page reimagined as a movie script. Producers, you know where to find me.
Miscellaneous funny things:
- LickPop™ Employee Orientation Manual.
- Comments from a Porn Site in the Year 1616.
- Release Notes for a Fictional App
- Suggestions for a Colleague’s Leaving Card.
- Swearing for New Parents.
It’s in third person, please forgive me:
Ian Haigh has been involved in design and branding since way back in the 90s, back before anyone had email and people would just shout out the window. After stints in the world of prepress and design in Wellington, London, and Amsterdam, Ian moved to Sydney and now makes videos for his delicious little agency, Ketchup. He writes, directs, films, and animates. Ian is happiest when spending hours programming a computer to do something automatically that would’ve taken minutes to do by hand.
For the completists.
My Creative Mornings talk. I talked about Ease and Wizz, amongst other things, on the global theme of “Connect”.
Adobe invited me to talk extending and automating After Effects on Adobe APAC Live.
I’ve appeared on the Australian Design Radio podcast a few times:
- EP11 with Ian Haigh On The Jacky Winter Stage
- EP61 with Nicole Tung on Composure in Conflict
- EP62 with Kitiya Palaskas on Craft and Design
- EP64 with Tim Clapham on Motion and Experiments